To receive credit, Do Nows must be completed during the first 2 minutes of class. I will track through the time stamp on your submission. You will only be allowed to makeup a Do Now if you have an excused absence (absent from school, ISS, or late with a note).
- Monday: Do Now 1 (Parallelism)
- Tuesday: Do Now 2 (Commas)
- Wednesday: Do Now 3 (Apostrophes)
- Thursday: Do Now 4 (Commas)
Grammar: Check your email and join my class for Khan Academy. If you are making a new account, use your vocabulary.com email & the password “studentstudent”. If you already have an account, go to your name in the top right > Profile > Coaches > accept me as a coach.
For each of the first 10 Grammar modules, watch the videos (basic and harder), then complete 30 questions. Make sure to review your answer after each question so that you improve your accuracy. The 10 modules are as follows:
- Grammar: End-of-sentence punctuation
- Grammar: Within-sentence punctuation
- Grammar: Sentence boundaries
- Grammar: Subordination and coordination
- Grammar: Parallel structure
- Grammar: Modifier placement
- Grammar: Shifts in verb, tense, and mood
- Grammar: Pronoun clarity
- Grammar: Pronoun agreement
- Grammar: Possessive determiners
The Autobiography of Malcolm X
Reading: AMX, Foreword – end of Chapter 1
Download the ePUB and open with Google Play Books. Ask me for help if necessary.
This Monday, we will have a quiz on i) ACT English skills studied and ii) AMX F-1.