- 30 mins: Silently study vocabulary.
- Recommendation: A words, which most of you are weakest in
- NB: B, C, and MLK words will also appear on the midterm, but only as 1 or 2 questions a piece.
- Why: The ACT assumes and uses a variety of college-level words. So does college. Research suggests if you don’t recognize 95% of the words on the page, you will struggle to comprehend.
- 30 mins: Linking verbs (subject complements), direct vs. indirect objects, active verbs (transitive vs. intransitive verbs)
- Review: Direct vs. indirect objects & active verbs (transitive vs. intransitive verbs)
- Review: Linking verbs
- Review: Subject complements
- Why: Verbs are important. Understanding how different types function is pretty crucial for fluency.
- 30 mins: Active vs. passive voice