We will have a midterm next Thursday or Friday. Your work until then is to study, study, study. This is a 2 hour assessment—only 30 minutes more than our normal exam. It will cover all vocabulary, IXL, and ACT skills. It will also include rhetorical devices.
Work from this week has all be assigned before. Remember, any late work you complete in the process of studying will count towards your grade!
Time Management Recommendations
Monday: Move the below IXLs to 100. Move A words to 20%.
- 12–P.3: Identify appositives and appositive phrases
- 12–Q.3: Identify infinitives and infinitive phrases
- 12–P.1: Is it a phrase or a clause?
- 12–O.3: Choose punctuation to avoid fragments and run-ons
- 12–J.1: Join sentences with semicolons, colons, and commas
Tuesday: Move the below IXLs to 100. Move A words to 40%.
- 6–PP.1: Identify coordinating conjunctions
- 6–PP.2: Use coordinating conjunctions
- 6–QQ.1: Identify subordinating conjunctions
- 10–S.3: Use the correct pair of correlative conjunctions
- 12–I.2: Commas with nonrestrictive elements
- 12–I.1: What does the punctuation suggest?
Wednesday: Move the below IXLs to 100. Move A words to 60%.
- 8–O.1: Distinguishing direct objects from indirect objects
- 11–T.3: Distinguishing transitive from intransitive verb
- 11–T.4: Identifying linking verbs, predicate adjectives, and predicate nouns
- 10–Q.1: Identify active and passive voice
- 10–Q.2: Rewrite the sentence using active voice
Thursday: Move the below IXLs to 100. Move A words to 80%.
- 12–Q.1: Identify participles and what they modify
- 6–CC.3: Choose between past tense and past participle
- 11–T.2: Form perfect verb tenses
- 11–T.1: Form progressive verb tenses
- 8–DD.2: Simple past, present, and future tense: review
- 8–DD.1: Irregular past tense: review
- 11–T.5: Identify and correct inappropriate shifts in verb tense
Friday-Sunday: Review rhetorical devices. Move the below IXLs to 100. Move A words to 100%.