- 30 mins: Silently complete American Canon work.
- 20 mins: Silently or Pod-Voice Finish reviewing the 10 IXLs that will be on the test. Recommendation: Spend a few minutes on each. Complete 1-2 problems to refresh yourself.
- 12-C.4: Compare passages for tone
- 12-C.1: Identify audience and purpose
- 12-W.1: Transitions with conjunctive adverbs
- 12-B.5: Transition logically between claims, evidence, analysis, and counterclaims
- 12-C.5: Compare passages for subjective and objective tone
- 12-C.6: Which text is most formal?
- 12-A.1: Order topics from broadest to narrowest
- 12-A.2: Identify thesis statement
- 12-A.3: Organize information by main idea
- 12-A.4: Choose the topic sentence that best captures the main idea
- Optional: Stretch. Mr. S will collect notebooks to check for I Have A Dream rhetorical analysis.
- 40 mins: There will be one ACT English passage on the test. You’ve learned all the rules for this, but it is always good to refresh. Complete these three ACT passages. Make sure to diagnose and understand mistakes. You should see an improvement in scores from the first to last.