We will have a test this Friday. Your work is to study for the test. The test will consist of:
- 2 ACT Reading Comp. sections (20 questions)
- Vocabulary from the B, C, and MLK word lists (30 questions)
- Questions on last week’s IXL skills (10 questions)
- 1 ACT English section (15 questions)
TIME MANAGEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
Wednesday: Review old IXLs
- 12-C.4: Compare passages for tone
- 12-C.1: Identify audience and purpose
- 12-W.1: Transitions with conjunctive adverbs
- 12-B.5: Transition logically between claims, evidence, analysis, and counterclaims
- 12-C.5: Compare passages for subjective and objective tone
- 12-C.6: Which text is most formal?
- 12-A.1: Order topics from broadest to narrowest
- 12-A.2: Identify thesis statement
- 12-A.3: Organize information by main idea
- 12-A.4: Choose the topic sentence that best captures the main idea
Thursday: Study for the test. Review your weak points.
Friday-Sunday: No quiz on Monday! Complete missing homework assignments, e.g. “I Have A Dream” rhetorical analysis or IXLs from earlier this quarter.