- 12-C.4: Compare passages for tone
- 12-C.1: Identify audience and purpose
- 12-W.1: Transitions with conjunctive adverbs
- 12-B.5: Transition logically between claims, evidence, analysis, and counterclaims
- 12-C.5: Compare passages for subjective and objective tone
- 12-C.6: Which text is most formal?
- 12-A.1: Order topics from broadest to narrowest
- 12-A.2: Identify thesis statement
- 12-A.3: Organize information by main idea
- 12-A.4: Choose the topic sentence that best captures the main idea
Next week’s homework
TIME MANAGEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
The below suggestions presume 30 minutes of focused work per night. Combined with our time in class, this should suffice to complete the above assignment.
Monday: Try to finish 1-2 IXLs
Tuesday: Try to finish 1-2 IXLs
Wednesday: Try to finish 1-2 IXLs
Thursday: Try to finish 1-2 IXLs. (Given time in class, I expect you’ll be done around now.)
Friday-Sunday: Make up missing homework or get a head start on next week’s homework.