Review grammar rules and practice applying them to the ACT
Do now please:
Go to the Work page and review the week’s assignments. Record your homework somewhere (if you do not have a physical planner, I suggest the app Todoist.)
- Remember, you can make up missing assignments. To check your Smart Points for each IXL skill, go to Language Arts > Topics or Grades. To check your mastery of each list on vocabulary.com, go to My Progress.
- In your pods, work through the ACT English Section from slide 87 (“Punctuation”) until the end.
- Take notes of key concepts to review. Remember, you should paraphrase in notes.
- Do not just click through to see the answer. Try to answer it yourself first, as a pod. Usually you practice a new skill with IXL; here you are practicing with real ACT questions.
- Any slides you don’t finish in class are homework.
- Call me over with any questions about either a grammatical rule or the answer to one of the practice problems.