- Starting second quarter, late work will only earn you 50% credit (rather than the previous 100%).
- I will only check makeup work at the same time I check regular work.
- I will share with you my rubric for grading, and it will be more rigorous than first quarter.
- Tests will be curved so that the lowest score is now a 50% rather than 60%.
For help on any of the below work, please first see my Materials page (presentations, etc.), then message me.
A) Earn at least 95 Smart Points on the following IXL skills:
- Identifying linking verbs, predicate adjectives, and predicate nouns (11th)
- Distinguishing direct objects from indirect objects (8th)
- Distinguishing transitive from intransitive verb (11th)
- Simple past, present, and future tense: review (8th)
- Irregular past tense: review (8th)
- Choose between past tense and past participle (6th)
- Form perfect verb tenses (11th)
- Form progressive verb tenses (11th)
- Identify and correct inappropriate shifts in verb tense (11th)
- Identify coordinating conjunctions (6th)
- Use coordinating conjunctions (6th)
- Identify subordinating conjunctions (6th)
- Use the correct pair of correlative conjunctions (10th)
- Remove redundant words or phrases (11th)
- Rewrite the sentence using active voice (10th)
- Use words accurately and precisely (11th)
Extra Credit: A piece of paper (or a page in your notebook) of sentences with the following components:
- i) Subject complement ii) Gerund iii) Modifier
- i) Direct object ii) Indirect object iii) Appositive phrase iiii) Prepositional phrase
- i) Object complement ii) Past participle iii) Subordinating conjunction (i.e. signal word / phrase)
- Write two sentences with a weak noun. Then rewrite them with strong verbs.