- Reconstruct Frederick Douglass’s argument
- Learn how to write an argument analysis
Do now please (1 min): i) Take out your notebook; ii) Grab a copy of the handout for reconstructing Douglass’s argument
- Group-Independent (40 mins):
- Fill in handout reconstructing Douglass’s argument
- Group-Individual (15 mins):
- Take notes on the presentation about argument analysis
- Pod-Individual (10 mins):
- Choose Douglass’s worst defended premise or conclusion. Then brainstorm arguments or evidence to either strengthen it (if you want to defend his argument) or undermine it (if you want to attack his argument).
- Individual (25 mins):
- Begin writing your argument analysis for Douglass’s July Fourth?