For help on any of the below work, please first see my Materials page (presentations, etc.), then message me.
- Change your vocabulary.com account password to “student”.
- Go to My Account > Password > Change
- If you haven’t made an account, please make one.
- Please use this form to tell me the email associated with your vocabulary.com account.
- Frederick Douglass’s What to the Slave is the Fourth of July?
- Reconstruction of Douglass’s argument
- Analysis of Douglass’s argument (i.e. an attack or defense of his argument)
- 90 or more Smart Points on the following IXL assignments (all 12th grade except one). Partial credit (for fewer than 90 Smart Points) will not be awarded.
- Join sentences with semicolons, colons, and commas
- Choose punctuation to avoid fragments and run-ons
- Identify active and passive voice (NB: 10th not 12th grade skill)
- Identify infinitives and infinitive phrases
- Identify participles and what they modify
- Is it a phrase or a clause?
- Identify appositives and appositive phrases
- Commas with nonrestrictive elements
- What does the punctuation suggest?