Practice conjugating “to be” and prepositional phrases. Learn and practice parallelism.
- Begin IXL on conjugating “to be”
- Begin IXL on prepositional phrases
- Parallelism video
- Parallelism group notes
- Begin IXL on parallelism
HOMEWORK (DUE NEXT MONDAY, 9/28)
Achieve at least 90 Smart Points on the following IXL skills. Feel free to consult your notes or my Materials page. You can ask a peer to explain a concept, but not how to answer a specific question.
- Conjugating “to be”
- Identify prepositional phrases
- Subject-verb agreement
- Subject-verb agreements with indefinite pronouns
- Subject-verb agreements with compound subjects
- Commas review
- Misplaced or dangling modifiers
- Identify parallel structure
NB: Material will be taught throughout the week. As of today, you should be able to complete all of them except “misplaced or dangling modifiers” and “identify parallel structure”.