CP 10 students will start after school tutoring October 12th with a focus on math and English. It will be required for any student who has below an 85 in either math or English.
Students can join the Stars and Heroes program if they need additional tutoring services on Tuesdays and Fridays. An application is required to participate in the Stars and Heroes program.
College Prep Uniform Policy
Monday – Red sweater or blazer, white oxford shirts, ties, khaki pants.
Tuesday – Thursday – White oxford shirts and khaki pants. Red sweater or blazer are optional but these are the only acceptable outer cover wear allowed for college prep students.
Friday – White oxford shirts or red or white polo shirt and khaki pants. Red sweater or blazer are optional but these are the only acceptable outer cover wear allowed for college prep students.
- Tuesday morning detention 7:00 – 7:50 AM
- Friday morning detention 7:00-7:50 AM
- Notify parents of the violation and consequence
- Ms. McGee will monitor the detention in her room.
- Review notebook grades & comments
- Finish identifying rhetorical devices in the Gettysburg Address
- Introduce rhetorical analysis
- Watch video introducing rhetorical analysis (on the Materials page under Rhetorical Analysis)
- Read & take notes on the helpful guide to rhetorical analysis available on the Materials page
- Finish any notes on the guide to rhetorical analysis that you didn’t finish in class.
- CP 7-8: We did not get there yet because our class could not control itself. Disregard this assignment. You will just have more homework this weekend.
- Click HERE. Many of you have created accounts at vocabulary.com but have yet to join my class in the program. If you click the link while signed in, your account will be added to my CP 10 class.
- Play the vocab game for ~15 minutes. Either go to the lists and click “practice” or play “The Challenge”. Remember, I can see how much time you spend, how many questions you answer, and how many you get correct.
- Click HERE. Complete exercises 1 & 2 for Comma Splices, Fragments, Apostrophes and Commas.
I am offering redemption on notebook homework before progress reports are printed. You can either show me that you have done the work tomorrow or on Monday. I will update your grades in SIS immediately upon seeing the work, even though I won’t get a chance to edit it until I next do notebook checks. Remember, you can redeem 2/3 of your points lost if you show me bona fide effort.